Thursday, 18 September 2014

Number Table to 100 (times tables)

Phew!  Talk about busy!  Lots of hedgehog inpatients at the moment, combined with same old back issues and an unprecedented amount of social stuff and groups to go to - I'm not sure whether I'm coming or going!  Hence the lack for blog posts lately - it's as much as I can do to stay on top of the rest!

Anyway, I wanted to share a resource that I made yesterday.  Youngest seems to have gone up a level in MathsWhizz and the exercises that he is being given are now proving more of a stretch.  This is not really a problem - as long as he's enjoying it, he can carry on, but if he hits a wall I'm fine for him to take a break if he needs, while his brain simultaneously rests and assimilates what he has been working on.  We've experienced this before so I'm happy to take my lead from him.  He seems OK to continue for now, and as one of the questions showed him an example of a 1 - 100 number table, I thought I would whizz one up for him to use.  He used the old 1 - 20 caterpillar a lot, so this is a natural progression.  He is currently learning about odd and even numbers (2x table), and counting in 5s and 10s, so I colour-coded those on the number table - and noted the prime numbers too.  While I was there I thought it probably wouldn't be long until he reached the other times tables too - Middle certainly has - so I did a few more number charts, one for 3x 6x and 9x tables, one for 4x 8x and 12x tables, and one for 7x and 11x tables.  I think they will really help Middle seeing the patterns etc as he is such a visual learner.  Anyway, I thought I'd share the PDF download here as well in case anyone else can use them too.






No comments:

Post a Comment