Monday, 9 September 2013

Mint-choc Muffins

Rainy days are just perfect for baking!  Muffins are easy for kids to make - nothing too technical.  And when I did my grocery shop I noticed that they had some mint matchmakers on offer - well of course I had to get some and experiment with adding them to our day's baking!  We were very happy with the result...

Mint-choc Muffins

Ingredients
300g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb
40g cocoa powder
125g granulated sugar
125g mint matchmakers (or other mint chocolate), cut into small chunks.

I egg, beaten
1 tsp peppermint extract (or vanilla)
90ml corn oil
150ml milk
150ml water

Preheat oven to 180C (fan oven - if not fan, try 190)

1/ Mix all dry ingredients together
2/ In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients together.
3/ Mix dry and wet ingredients until just combined (still lumpy).  Do not over mix.
4/ Spoon into 12 muffin cases
5/ Bake for 20 mins


You know, next time I may just have to decorate with melted dark chocolate or 'after eights' etc..!


No comments:

Post a Comment