Monday, 16 September 2013

Cheat's Cheese Straws

The house suffered this weekend, and I knew I was going to be doing a LOT of catching up with housework, but I also knew the boys would be keen to bake.  I remembered this "recipe" (if you can call it that) that we invented at Christmas, and it appealed to my need for something ultra quick and easy - so I ordered the two ingredients with our weekly grocery shop last night, and it arrived this morning in plenty of time to bake for lunch - hooray!  I love it when a plan comes together.

Ingredients:
1 pack pre-made puff pastry
1 bag grated cheese
1/ Preheat oven to 180C
2/ Roll puff pastry into a rectangle (or buy ready-rolled like we did... well they are Cheat's Cheese Straws!)
3/ Sprinkle layer of grated cheese over half the rectangle.  Fold other half over on top...



4/ Roll out again into rectangle
5/ Repeat a few times
6/ Cut into thin strips or use pastry cutters to make shapes (the smaller shapes work better)



7/ Top with extra cheese if liked
8/ Bake for 10-15mins, or until pastry is golden browned





No comments:

Post a Comment